Intro

Exploring life's adventures through words - every day has a different flavor. What's in store for today? I have to dip my hand in the jar to find out.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

high fashion?

Secretly want to compete on Top Model?  Maybe...  In reality, I'm no high fashion girl.  I'm practical fashion girl.  I decide, "Does this make me feel good about myself?" and "Would this stand out in a crowd?"  ...in the good way, obviously.  I'm come to the point in my shopping journeys where I won't buy an item if I don't think I'd ever get a compliment about it. My reasoning for this is 10% self-esteem booster and 90% functional for maintaining shopping control. This trial and error process is fun and often budget-conscious (with an occasional splurge), and my success rate is increasing.

Take today's ensemble.  Tailored, deep purple, bow-belted dress.  "In" tweed-patterned tights.  Marigold, button-detailed pea coat.  I had a good success rate today, which is why this was on my mind to share.  So, if you're battling between the urge to splurge and the mind the leave it behind, send a pic message my way.  I am honest and kind. :)

No comments: