Intro

Exploring life's adventures through words - every day has a different flavor. What's in store for today? I have to dip my hand in the jar to find out.

Friday, January 24, 2014

No pleasure in evil - Psalm 5

I'm loving when I find verses (a couple so far!) that speak of seeking God or praying in the morning. It encourages me in my new-forming habit of rising early in the morning to read the Bible first thing before the rest of my to-do's begin. "In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation" (Psalm 5:3). I know I'm giving my Father joy by seeking Him first before other things. Just like when my son Finn, only 18 months, seeks his mama first upon rising...like, his eyes half open and he's barely picked his head off the mattress and he's calling for me.

What's the first thing on your mind when you wake up? "Just 10 more minutes...zzzzzzz." Your to-do list running through your mind? Pick right back up with worrying about this or that?

Seek Him first! God relieves us of these things. Give your cares to God first thing, and praise Him for all you are blessed with. Wait in expectation for all God has in store, because it's good and God will honor your pursuit of Him!

There are several verses about how God responds to those who are wicked, arrogant, wrong-doers, liars, those who have rebelled against God, enemies of God. God is holy and good and righteous and the Lord over all, so those who are enemies of Him cannot have His protection and will suffer wrath. My heart aches for those who do not know the Lord!

As Psalm 5 says, I will "ever sing joy" for God's guidance and protection and goodness. He protects the righteous; I will strive to be. And where I fall short (as we inevitably all will greatly fall short), grace makes up for it - that's the whole point for what Jesus did.

No comments: