Intro

Exploring life's adventures through words - every day has a different flavor. What's in store for today? I have to dip my hand in the jar to find out.

Monday, January 27, 2014

When you are ill - Psalm 6

When you are ill, don't you just want a little help? Don't you just want a little mercy on your day, especially when you're reallllllly sick? And if you're a mom like me, getting sick can be completely overwhelming when you want to and need to HALT but life keeps skyrocketing forward, with or without you. Maybe your spouse still has to head to work for the day and you still have needy, energetic little ones to feed and corral and entertain, as well as certain house needs that don't stop crying your name.

The last time I felt the sickest, I remember I was attempting to cook lunch for my 17 month old. I usually depend on leftovers for lunches, yet we happened to be fresh out of those. The baby was playing at my feet, pulling on my legs, bringing me toys and asking for attention and for food. I felt totally out of it and "faint", as Psalm 6 puts it...the feeling where you know in "your bones" that all you needed right then way to lay in bed and heal. I just sat down on the rug, leaning against the cabinets by the sink; Finn continued to offer me whatever toy was the highlight of the minute. I felt like I just could not stand another second and my body was just quitting using energy on standing and moving anymore! For the first time ever, I asked my husband to come home from work, which let me retire to my bed and heal with lightning speed.

Thinking back, even though I felt terrible and weak and helpless that day, I could have been nowhere near the amount of agony and groaning as David experienced in this Psalm. I wasn't worn out from groaning or flooding my bed with weeping. But no matter what, whatever ails us or troubles us or worries us, it is God's utmost care that His child is in distress. I don't remember if I prayed in those tough moments or uttered a "Jesus, help me get through this day," but along with lots of water and natural remedies, He certainly did deliver me quickly from that illness and the next day I was up and at 'em, feeling about 98%! God is so good and our divine Healer!

Psalm 6:10 "All my enemies...will turn back in sudden disgrace." That's sure what appeared to have happened. Praise the Lord!

No comments: