Intro

Exploring life's adventures through words - every day has a different flavor. What's in store for today? I have to dip my hand in the jar to find out.

Friday, January 31, 2014

Staying true to what is good and right - Psalm 7

We certainly go through tough times when we KNOW what we are sticking to is good and/or right, though people or circumstances rise as obstacles to what we are pursuing. Even when those obstacles seem so convincing or cause us to doubt our stand in some way, with the Lord as your shield, He can protect you from anyone or any thing.

Recently, I took my 18 month old to the doctor for his 18 month checkup. He happened to have a pretty bad cold/cough at the same time. The doctor asked to do a strep culture, even though he didn't have any of the typical symptoms of high fever over 101 or white spots in a devastatingly sore throat. The rapid strep culture was positive (92% accuracy), and he had an inflamed ear. With his already challenged immune system with severe food sensitivities, I was extremely reluctant to go the route of antibiotics, which wipe out most of the good bacteria along with the bad. Also, the doctor pointed out there could be ingredients in the medicine that he could be reactive to, as well. The doctor told me I was stuck between a rock and a hard place. Take the antibiotics to kill the strep virus (which in rare cases can cause consequential health problem if not taken care of) but likely worsen is food sensitivities and weaken his immune system further to more illness...

Long story short, I filled the prescription but quickly researched how I can use the essential oils I have to treat strep and a pending ear infection. Different essential oils from botanicals (God's creation, after all!) have natural, powerful antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory properties (and MANY other properties/benefits). I followed that protocol strictly the rest of the afternoon and through the night. If he was worse in the morning, I would start the antibiotics. I prayed prayed prayed for his immediate healing. I felt in my gut SO BAD about giving him the antibiotics, knowing what I know about how detrimental they are for the rest of your LIFE, in fact, aside from all the present issues I knew would ensue.

In the morning, he was SO SO much better from the cold/cough symptoms; he seemed to feel like a brand new baby!! I praised God so much and kept up with the EO protocols for a full 10 days (just like antibiotics) until we got the second strep lab culture result (which was taken at 7 days post-diagnosis) that it was NEGATIVE for strep! Much more relief and praise and tears in thankfulness to God than my baby was delivered from illness without all the pressures to resort to the medicine.

SO this deviates a lot from the point of Psalm 7 overall, but what I took from it was most relevant for what happened in my life recently. If I'm right, Lord, please stick by me and defeat my enemies. If I'm wrong, lead me to the truth. Praise Jesus!

No comments: