Intro

Exploring life's adventures through words - every day has a different flavor. What's in store for today? I have to dip my hand in the jar to find out.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Lord is my shield, day or night - Psalm 3

I've been reading but not getting to the blogging each day. My goal to read and blog each morning is not yet consistent, not yet a habit. Naturally I am a night owl, so it's tough to make myself go to bed at 9 or 9:30 so that getting up at 5 is a breeze. But it's what I want to do (while getting enough sleep), so I'm working towards it.

Psalm 3 really drives home that we have countless enemies against us. The Lord is our divine shield, protecting us and giving us glory. God sustains us day and night. At night, we can rest easy, trusting that God will sustain us through the night.

When we call out to God, He answers. Sometimes we don't get our answer right away. Sometimes we can't make out or don't see what the answer is. Sometimes the answer is, "Yes, my precious child," sometimes it's, "No, I have something better in store for you," and sometimes it's, "Not yet, beloved, just wait." The Lord will deliver you. Trust. Rest easy. Have peace.

No comments: