Intro

Exploring life's adventures through words - every day has a different flavor. What's in store for today? I have to dip my hand in the jar to find out.

Friday, January 10, 2014

Pointless to take a stand against the Lord - Psalm 2

It seems God has a sense of humor. "Why do you people think you can plot against me and do things your way? You really think it will work? ...HA HA HA!.........IT WON'T! Jesus is your King, people!"  That's the nice way of putting it. The Lord gets pretty angry that anyone would think he can plan his own way or put any sort of fight up against His perfect way.

To me, reading this passage literally sounds like a call for kings and rulers (and presidents, all leaders) of the world to serve the Lord with fear and take refuge in Him through their leadership, and they will be blessed through that. As I studied it further, I noticed the very first verse also mentions "the nations" and "the peoples" plotting in vain before it talks about kings and rulers. So then I read it in a different light, thinking about me trying to be the king and ruler of my own life and my own things I'm responsible for. If I allow God to be the Lord of my life (because it's pointless to even try to be my own ruler), then through Him I can have everything I desire and be blessed for trusting Him in all things.

I know I am subconsciously trying ALL THE TIME to do things my way and be in control of the outcomes of things. "If I just do this, then..." "If I could only do it this way, then..." Serve my Lord, give it all to Him, and He'll take care of it and bless it all. Abdicate my reign on my life? Tough. Real tough.

But sounds good. I don't actually want to be held responsible for the outcome of that! Give it to God, and it'll all be perfect. Working on that!

No comments: